Friday, February 5, 2016

2 more surgeries?

Hi everyone I wanted to update you all on how my scans went and what the next step in my treatment is.

The scans went well, the did end up finding something but nothing serious. My bowels were swollen/inflamed and there was some fluid in my pelvis which we were told the fluid in my pelvis could be normal due to me just having surgery about a month ago. My doctor personally called my mom and talked about treatment options. After thinking hard about what to so next we decided to do another set of back to back surgeries and they will be next Friday the 12th and the following Friday the 19th. If you don't know what this surgery is it is where they go in 1 week and remove adhesions place some barriers and then seven days later they go in again and remove any additional adhesions and place more barriers. The concept is this will stop the cycle of adhesion and the adhesions won't come back as bad or at all. I have done this surgery before back in March but did not have any barriers placed. We are hoping and praying for the best outcome, this wasn't an easy decision to make what so ever but since we have looked into all other options this was the best thing to do in my situation right now. This will be my 7th and 8th surgery I am so hoping I can get back to living my life after this. I know these next few weeks are not going to be easy what so ever but I am going to keep positive and keep pushing through it all and make the best of the situation.

Thank you for all of your sweet messages and comments on my last blog it was really encouraging to read. I will keep you all posted on how these surgeries go. I update my health regularly on my Instagram for my health so if you would like you can go follow me on there emilys_endolife. I will also try and write on here after both surgeries to keep everyone updated on how I am doing and how everything went :)

No comments:

Post a Comment